? ??????????????Playboy Rainbow? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (79 Ratings)??651 Grabs Today. 15818 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Blue Stars? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (1305 Ratings)??649 Grabs Today. 91619 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Love BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, July 22, 2011

So Ready For The Beach


This past Tuesday I dropped Brady off at Mother's Day Out and headed to pick up my best traveling companion Hillary. Even though she had just gotten back from a long trip out of state she agreed to accompany her old friend on an overnight trip to Galveston. Todd was out of town for 3 days for a leadership retreat for work so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to get out of town and have some fun before I have to go back to work. We got a great rate at The Tremont House on the strand. I have always wanted to stay there but never have due to it not being on the seawall and not having a pool. I knew that if you stayed there that you would have pool priveleges at the Hotel Galvez-which I knew had a very nice pool. So, we settled on this and planned on 2 days of fun and sun...and relaxation without having to chase sweet Brady around. MawMaw and PawPaw graciously agreed to keep him.
Of course it hasn't rained all summer but the day that we left it appeared that a small tropical storm blew through the entire region. It was raining from Jasper to Galveston and everywhere in between. So...we weren't in any hurry to get to the pool considering it was raining buckets. We took a detour through Houston and had a great little shopping trip at the Baybrook Mall and the surrounding area. Once we left the mall the weather had cleared up and we headed to the hotel.
I love Galveston and always have, esp. when the weather is nice. The hotel was lovely and it wasn't crowded at all due to us being there in the middle of the week. We never had to wait more than a minute for the elevator of the valet to bring the car around. The hotel lobby and public spaces were beautiful. I was a bit disappointed that the hotel's rooftop bar was closed the night that we were there. Not that I am a big drinker but I would have liked to have gone out to see the view from up there. Our room was fantastic. The ceilings in all of the rooms are like 14 ft. high which makes the room appear alot bigger than it really is. Our room had 2 nice and comfy old fashioned iron queens beds and a large bathroom and dressing area. The whole hotel had a fantastic historical feel loved we loved.



We took advantage of the close proximity to the strand and walked over to a few of our favorite shops. We finished the night off with a delicious seafood dinner at Landry's.
The next morning we got up early and drove over to the Galvez for some swim time before we left time. The hotel itself is so beautiful. The last time I was there they were renovating the pool and the spa so I had not see them. The pool area is soo nice. It is big but not huge and very inviting. It was early so there were hardly any other guests there. We had a very enjoyable few hours in the pool and hot tub. I think we were successful in getting a little bit of much needed sun.









We ran back to our hotel and checked out and had lunch at Miller's Landing on the way out of town. I would not normally have stopped in here but my parents raved about the food the last time that they went to Galveston and they were so right. It was some of the best food I have had lately. We had crab balls, fish, shrimp, and the most heavenly homemade chocolate brownie ice cream dessert. I was so glad we tried it and I can't wait to go back. I felt very rested and relaxed when we got home and it made us so excited for our week in Florida in just a few weeks! Can't wait!

0 comments: